THIS IS A PREORDER ITEM: All preorders (and any items ordered at the same time as this preorder item) will ship on 20th October 2020.
Chewer of Fingers is a grim, old-school introductory adventure intended for The Midderlands setting. The adventure is written for Swords & Wizardry (Free pdf here) and therefore can be used in all retro-clones and old school role-playing games with little or no work. The book contains swear words and mature themes.
A Note About The Midderlands
The encounters in the adventure take place in and around the small hamlet of Fetterstone—a depressing place on the edge of a stinking marsh near the border between the Western Midderlands and Staffershire.
The PCs are heading to Fetterstone because there is a 20 gold quid reward for the capture of an escaped criminal called ‘The Finger Chewer’. He absconded from Middlemoor Gaol five days ago and is believed to be hiding out in the surrounding oft-foggy marsh. The marsh is notoriously dangerous and even the lure of 20 gold quids isn’t enough to entice the locals into its fetid clutches.
- The Softcover PRINT version is a stapled A5, 24-pages of 130gsm silk paper, with a full colour/matt laminated cover with the front cover’s green text and logo in spot UV. The inside front cover pages are also be printed.
- The PDF version is an A5, 26-page bookmarked PDF.
- The adventure features 4 encounter areas: Old Lady Harris’ Farm, The Village of Fetterstone and the Gloombug Tavern, Middlemoor Gaol, and The Marsh.
- Four pregenerated adventurers are provided: Solomon Pilkington (Level 2 Human Cleric of Gael), Dergal Pock (Level 2 Wart Goblin Fighter), Norris Hitchcock (Level 2 Half-elf magic-User), and Elspeth Fallows (Level 2 Human Thief).
- 7 beautiful hand-drawn and scanned maps. These are also provided as separate unlabelled VTT versions with the PDF download.
- The adventure is littered with extra details (game-juice) and adventure hooks that make this suitable for additional future adventures. Any Game Master could take the information contained and use it for their own campaigns.
- Art, Cartography and Layout by: Glynn Seal
- Editing by: Matthew Pook
What Am I Getting?
- 1x Printed Softcover Version (unsigned)
- 1x Printed Handout Card (with Wanted poster to front and By-Laws to reverse)
- 4x Printed Pregenerated Character Cards (blank reverse side for notes. All as featured in the booklet)
- A Digital PDF of the adventure with the 2 handouts and 4 pregenerated characters as separate files. Also a map pack with VTT and Labelled versions of all maps.